Body Corporate Management
There’s a lot you need to know about to ensure a body corporate scheme is compliant with the relevant legislation and procedural requirements.
And, depending on the size of the scheme, there can be a lot of work involved with managing the administrative and communication tasks, in a timely and effective way.
Every body corporate has two choices.
- Manage it themselves by finding unit owners with the time, knowledge and administrative skills to do it all compliantly, and to the satisfaction of everyone
- Appoint a professional a body corporate services company like Tower Body Corporate to do it all - no stress, no risk, no time wasting.
Here’s what we take care of for you.
- Preparation of budgets and payment of supplier invoices
- Streamlined collection of levies and provision of system for levy debt recovery
- Management of financials and Lot Owner accounts
- Engaging of audit firms when required
- Processing of BAS and TAX returns (with a tax agent)
- Insurance coverage and renewals, and processing of insurance claims
- Obtaining periodic valuations of all common property that needs to be insured
- Liaison with legal counsel with regard to legal issues
- Maintaining all registers that need to be kept
- Attending to correspondence
- Working collaboratively with building operational staff
- Ensuring statutory compliance to the BCCMA and other Fire and Plant registration requirements
- Facilitating the preparation of a maintenance plan
- Arranging quotations and repairs for building maintenance
- Preparation and distribution of notices, agendas and minutes
- Taking meeting minutes
- Attending all Annual General Meetings, Extraordinary General Meetings and Committee Meetings
- Assistance with process for creating or amending by-laws
- Lodgement with Department of Natural Resources, Mines & Energy
- Distribution of by-laws to Lot Owners
- Facilitation to ensure disputes are handled quickly and compliantly
- Assistance with implementing the 3-step process defined by the Act.